Symbols changing to rectangles

jomer

So to save time I drew part of the plan Stage Left side of Lx1 then I copied it and placed in position for Lx2, then added some par64s and once again copied and pasted it for Lx3. Then did the whole process over again for Stage Right (a duplicate and mirror function would be appreciated in SP10). Now I am filling in the blanks Channel Colour etc. However all of the Strand 240v 1.2Kw Fresnels change to a rectangle when I add channel or colour but only on the Stage left side, that includes the original from which all were copied. Now the SR side was done exactly the same and does not suffer from this problem nor do any of the Altman MFL par64 or Strand Lekolites 30'. As you can imagine this makes my time saving method pointless as I am yet to work out how to stop them from turning into little rectangles.

Look forward to you solution

quote:

Originally posted by jomer:

So to save time I drew part of the plan Stage Left side of Lx1 then I copied it and placed in position for Lx2, then added some par64s and once again copied and pasted it for Lx3. Then did the whole process over again for Stage Right (a duplicate and mirror function would be appreciated in SP10). Now I am filling in the blanks Channel Colour etc. However all of the Strand 240v 1.2Kw Fresnels change to a rectangle when I add channel or colour but only on the Stage left side, that includes the original from which all were copied. Now the SR side was done exactly the same and does not suffer from this problem nor do any of the Altman MFL par64 or Strand Lekolites 30'. As you can imagine this makes my time saving method pointless as I am yet to work out how to stop them from turning into little rectangles.

Look forward to you solution

When the lighting instrument can't find your instrument symbol it turns into a rectangle. Check to make sure that you still have your Strand 240v 1.2Kw Fresnel symbol in the resources for your document. You can use the replace instruments command to get your instruments to look like fresnels again. Select all of them and run the replace instruments command. Select the symbol you wish to use. This should update the instruments and fix the rectangles problem.

------------------

--

Kevin Moore

---------------------

Product Manager

VectorWorks SpotLight

---------------------