Sheet Number editability and the Title Block Border

shorter

Question

Currently we can create a text field that concatenates other fields in the titlesheet.

This is great if you want the drawing number on the drawing to be an amalgamation of disparate fields, and not have to deal with the monster that is ISO19650 numbering in the sheet number itself, i.e. the sheet number in the sheet layer.

The concatenation

#Project Data.Project Code#-#Project Data.Originator#-#Sheet Data.Functional Breakdown#-#Sheet Data.Spatial Breakdown#-#Sheet Data.Form#-#Project Data.Discipline#-#Sheet Data.Sheet Number#

as you will all know results in something like

1234-SSL-XXX-100L-DP-A-020100

using one of the ISO19650 UK National Annex variants.

😉

However, it strikes me that this is the wrong way around.

What we need is the ability to form the sheet number itself from disparate fields.

This way we can then conform to ISO19650 by adding the correctly named parameters to our titlesheet and concatenate them to compose the sheet number.

The sheet number then can be used far more easily and reliably (which are fundamental to compliance issues) when batch exporting to PDF, and would avoid us having to use the 'file export options'.

Annoyingly, like the status parameter in the title block border, the sheet number is uneditable.  And parameters in the titleblock border cannot contain formulae to pull data from other parts of the file or the sheet like data mapping can.

ps I will be giving a CPD on all this soon if anyone is interested...

• Like 4

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet