Multifloor Cable Route

I'm looking for the best way to implement cable routes across a building with three floors.

I have 2D floor plans of all three floors, and I have the information on where the vertical pathways exist.

Is there a way to use the Cable Route tool across multiple schematic layers?

Can I use all three floor plans on the same layer so the vertical pathways connect?

Ideally I would like to implement the layout room tool as a part of this as well.

Thanks

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @ktucker,

It should be possible to use the Cable Route tool to create cable path network across multiple layers. Just change the active layer while creating the different segments or once you have created them in the same layer change their layer. Let me know if you have troubles getting this done.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Good Morning,

I'm able to make drop points on multiple layers, and move segments between layers.  If I try to Edit Cables in a Route that spans between layers, It will "auto highlight" the route properly, but then returns an error that the segments don't exist.  Please see image.  As you can see, the route is highlighted purple, so the system is seeing the top drop point on Layer 2 connected to the bottom drop point on Layer 1, but it will not create the cables within that route.

image.thumb.png.009636a2600bcdc6d27b9ef9dbc28039.png

Hello @ktucker,

Can you share a sample test file showing this issue? Usually this error tells you that some circuits do not have valid physical routes. If you click on Markup Circuits you will be able to see which these circuits are and determine why their physical paths are incorrect/do not exist.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

On 5/12/2023 at 6:16 PM, ktucker said:

Yes I saw that, however where are the markups shown?  Nothing is different when I click that option.

You have to look for objects in the CC-Corrections- classes which are placed along with the circuits that are marked up. You can use Custom Selection or database worksheets to easily find these objects and the layers they are on.

• Like 1