Edit Workspaces not working

Asemblance

Question

After vectorworks has been running for a while, 'Edit Current Workspace' and 'Tools -> Workspaces -> Workspaces' stops working. i.e. I click and nothing happens, no pop-up menu appears.

Not only that, but after trying to open the workspaces (after it fails to open), this then appears to stop all menu commands from working. i.e. if I then go and click 'tools -> options -> vectorworks preferences', nothing happens.

Restarting vectorworks fixes this issue. I have been unable to work out what exactly triggers this behavior to start, but have noticed it more frequently occurs with more Vectorworks files open at once.

This is using the latest version of Vwx 2023 SP4, on Windows 11 build 22621.1413

5 answers to this question

Are you using a custom workspace? Has that workspace been brought forward from previous versions of VW?  If so, you might want to try and recreate the workspace from scratch in VW2023.  Or when you can edit the workspace, remove the Workspace commands and then re-add them so you know it has the most current versions.

Alternatively, run the Vectorworks Updater app and choose Repair from the Advanced button at the middle right. Perhaps that will help.

• Like 2