Connectcad layout workflow

AlistairM

I'm trying to find the best way to make this workflow work:

• I design my layout using generic symbols to represent AV equipment
  • Once the layout is agreed, I design the connectivity in Connectcad

I can use symbols for the Equipment Items to make them look the same as the existing drawings objects. It is quite a laborious process though to do this and then to move them to the same coordinates and to re-associate data tags that were on them.

Is there a way of doing the process the other way, by converting the symbols to Equipment Items? Or a way to associate an equipment items with a generic symbol (like it can be associated with a Spotlight object)? Or even a quick way to move one object to the position of another (these are complicated symbols and it takes time to find a geometrical feature than can easily be snapped to)?

I see also that the Equipment Item only displays the 3d component of a hybrid object. Is there a way to make it show the 2d object?

And finally... I have imported design layers from a schematic drawing to the layout drawing. I see that the Room Layout outlines have been renamed, and the locations indicated on the schematic doubled up, e.g. what was 'Wall' has become 'Wall - copy.Wall - copy'. This can be fixed on an individual basis, but does it indicate that I have imported the design layers incorrectly?