Graphics legend - to report all used classes.

• 1 month later...

I figured it out and used the default materials legend (It's in the resource manager under Vectorworks Library > Annotations > Graphics Legend (Styles) > Graphic Legend (Metric) > General). 

Edit cell Layout then click on the text (mine says Description). Then in the OIPclick on Define Graphic Legend Field at the bottom. In this dialogue box data source is Object function then the Function is the class name or class description. I have used class description as the class names are abbreviations. Make sure you then click Replace Current Definition before clicking Ok. 

Hope this helps. Good luck. I've attached my first try at it that I'm now amending. 

Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 3.04.56 pm.png

• 1 month later...

Hi Ben, 

Thanks for the reply, is this reporting only materials in your drawing? I am still trying to define it to only report classes not materials. 

We don't really use materials in our office. 

Is there any chance you could share the legend to understand how you defined it?

Cheers, 

Cav. 

• Like 1
On 5/29/2023 at 12:41 PM, cavan.smith said:

Hi Ben, 

Thanks for the reply, is this reporting only materials in your drawing? I am still trying to define it to only report classes not materials. 

We don't really use materials in our office. 

Is there any chance you could share the legend to understand how you defined it?

Cheers, 

Cav. 

Sent you a DM. It reports on classes used.