Imperial decimal rounding

I am in the UK and I always work in metric. But have some clients in US that have requested that on some particular drawings that all dimensions and codes (which are taken from dimensions) are rounded down to 0.125" increments. Looking into the unit settings and can't find a way to set this up, can this be done? Obviously the option for the fraction of 1/8" is there but require things to be decimal format. 

I don't think there is a way to do what you want easily in VW other than to draw accurately enough that all the objects are actually drawn at 0.125".

One possibility would be to set the Snap Grid to 0.125" and turn off all of the other snaps.  This would get you what you want for vertical and horizontal dimensions, but would not work properly for angled dims. I guess if you were working entirely in Top/Plan you could use Rotated Plan and keep changing the rotation so that when you drew the dims they were horizontal or vertical.

The only other idea I can think of would be a script that would either edit your dimensions to the nearest 0.125 or that would leave the dims alone, turn off the dimension text and store the rounded version in to the prefix/suffix. But that would be dangerous as if you changed the length of the dim the value would not change.

Good luck.

• Like 1