Plant schedule

You can find them by using the pull down menu instead of the resource manager.  Landmark -> Reports, IIRC.

That launches a dialog box where you can pick from predefined reports or create you own.

If this is new for you, watch one of the videos on Vectorworks university.  Also, become familiar with Worksheets and setting database criteria for best results.  A bunch of stuff here on the forum will be helpful too.

• Like 1

Hi Jeff 

Thanks for this info. Couldn't find it under Landmark -- Reports. Found it under Landmark -- Tools. Thanks

I have 2 other issues if you have moment:

1) I'm also having a problem getting plant data tags to show up. File included if you have a moment to look at. 

Plant example I was trying was Geranium Biokovo. No plant data shows up when inserted. Not sure what I'm missing here.

2) What does the little swooping arrow icon mean here in attached photo and then the slider icon? Can't find any info on it and hovering producing a definition that doesn't make sense to me. 

Thanks 

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 11.04.37 PM.png

Sinclair_Base_10.24.22_ImprintsLA_v2021.vwx

Edited by Daniel OKane
7 hours ago, Daniel OKane said:

I have 2 other issues if you have moment:

1) I'm also having a problem getting plant data tags to show up. File included if you have a moment to look at. 

Plant example I was trying was Geranium Biokovo. No plant data shows up when inserted. Not sure what I'm missing here.

2) What does the little swooping arrow icon mean here in attached photo and then the slider icon? Can't find any info on it and hovering producing a definition that doesn't make sense to me. 

Happy to help.

1.  This on is easy, the class "Plants-Component-Tags" was turned off.  Once you turn it on the tag for the Geranium shows up with a quantity.

I would advise learning about Data Tags instead of using the tag within a plant object though.

This will give you greater flexibility in tagging plants...

.... seems to be the direction Vectorworks is going with everything, abandoning built in object tags in favor of Data Tags.

On a related note, you may want to look into using Sheet Layers and viewports, placing your notes and tags in the annotation space of a viewport.  Model or drawn objects on Design Layers and annotations on Sheet layers is a powerful workflow for many of us, especially if you move into a BIM workflow.

2.  Swooping arrow = parameter controlled "by style" meaning that aspect of a plug in object gets its value from the style definition and allows you to change

all your plants in one quick edit of the style, which can be very helpful in certain workflows.

Sliders = parameter controlled "by instance" meaning you can change the parameter in the object info panel directly for individual objects.

Your workflow will determine what parameters are best controlled "by style" vs "by instance".

I usually keep height and spread by instance for instance so I may give my plants a bit of graphic variation.

Here is some additional information that you may find helpful.

https://app-help.vectorworks.net/2017/eng/VW2017_Guide/Symbols/Creating_Plug-in_Object_Styles.htm

By the way, that marker rendered concept plan looks nice 🙂

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...