specks in rendered image

I usually use VW/RW for small scale objects. I am currently working on a rendering for a department store interior . simple iso with just some color added to differentiate departments.I am getting specks on some vertical walls of the rendering. vertical surfaces only. Ive seen this on chrome like or highly reflective objects.....but not on "Flat" surfaces. any ideas would be greatly appreciated..thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the same problem when rendering 3D, only with most, or all, surfaces. The spots seem to be pixel-sized holes in the solid colors rendered. This is when using the Render Bitmap tool. It shows on both textured and plain surfaces. Some of this pixelation can be reduced by increasing the render bpi density, but it can't be made to go away.

The same thing happens with the custom renderworks and final quality Renderworks command. Been using Renderworks for years (to great effect), and this is the first such occurance of this problem (VWA v10, XP).

On a different file, the pixelation is there, but not to the same extent.

[ 03-30-2004, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: ErichR ]

The only times I've had this happen are in the instance Dave suggested - when the layer is linked twice, or when the object itself is duplicated on top of itself. If it's happening on all surfaces, my bet would be on the layer link duplication. If that's not it, I don't know what might cause it.