Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About Cookie_NZ

  • Rank

Personal Information

  • Location
    London, UK

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi Sebastiaan, It would certainly expand the functionality for me massively.
  2. Greetings all, Still wrapping my head around Data Tags and how best to utilise them in my workflow. Is it possible to have the fill colour of a Data Tag dynamically change depending on the value of one of its fields? In simple terms: If I had a Data Tag field called 'Colour' which had a value of 'Blue' could I get the Data Tag to automatically change to blue? Thanks for the help as ever and have a great New Year everyone. Cheers, Cookie
  3. Indeed, the price of popularity! Well it's a niche market, but know your efforts past, present and I hope future are appreciated.
  4. I'll second that. Really enjoyed them when I discovered them. @Pat Stanford, any plans to do some more?
  5. Hi Yordan, Fantastic! Thanks for that. Just what I was looking for. Cheers, Cookie
  6. Ah I see. Thanks Rob. And once snapped to the centre line the light can only be moved directly up or down to the cord otherwise the light once again snaps to centre? This does make every light move a two action procedure. No way to turn this off for those of us not utilising Braceworks?
  7. Greeting all, I have a query about lighting instruments snapping to trusses when they are converted to hanging positions: If I drag a light onto a truss once the truss is converted into a hanging position, I get a red snap line down the centre of the truss. The light wants to snap there even if I hover over the edges of the truss. I've tried this will all the snapping options on and off, and the behaviour is the same. Is there a way to disable this? Obviously I would like the lights on the cords of the truss and not down the centre line. Many thanks as ever for your help. Cheers, Cookie
  8. Ah, I see. Thanks for the direction there. Unfortunately it only offers one symbol to be selected and displayed. Oh well. I'll add it to the wish list. Thanks for the help!
  9. Hi Mark, Thanks for the reply. Could you point me in the right direction for the Typical Symbol widget please? I can't find a reference for it anywhere sorry.
  10. Greetings all, I suspect this is a 'feature request' rather than a 'how to', but I thought I'd start with asking if there is a way to achieve this. It strikes me it would be really useful to include symbols other then Lighting Instruments in an Instrument Schedule. Ancillary items such as lighting consoles, chairs, tables etc that the lighting designer would like to specify for a show. Currently the only way I know to do this is to convert them into lighting instruments. This is fine as a workaround, but it does mean they show up in Lightwright. Not the end of the world, but a little annoying as it's more unhelpful clutter. Is there a way to include standard symbols in an Instrument Schedule (Items that are not lights)? Or alternatively, is there some kind of 'instrument schedule' for displaying symbols and counts for a selection of standard symbols in a drawing? Cheers, Cookie
  11. Hi Mark, No worries. VSS had exactly the same response as you at first. I’ve been in a very slow email exchange with them over this issue. (Two weeks so far...) I’ve yet to get an acceptance from them that this is a bug. It’s very helpful to know others are seeing the same behaviour. Interesting workaound. Thanks for that. I’ll give it a whirl! cheers, Cookie
  12. Hi Mark, Thanks for sending that over (So promptly!) The issue I'm having is with section viewports made from clip cubes: (Your file has standard viewports in it, not section viewports). When I make section viewports made from clip cubes the 3D legend does not display in hidden line, but does in other render modes: File attached. Have a look if you have time and let me know what you think. Cheers, Cookie Test_02.vwx
  13. Likewise, since it's introduction 'section viewport from clip cube' has been indispensable for me. I haven't actually seen confirmation from Vectorworks that they recognise this as a bug yet. In the test file I sent VSS they deleted the section viewport from the clip cube, replaced it with a standard viewport (in elevation) and told me it was fixed...


7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114


© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

  • Create New...