Truss Corner Block Orientation

Hi - very new to VW (2 days)

I am trying to use the insert truss tool, but i am having issues with correctly orientating 4-way corner blocks it takes me a lot of effort to get them rotated around so i am sure that i must be doing something wrong.

Can anyone offer me some advice?

Thank you

Arena.vwx

image.png.55a27ff2f5421eb9dd34877340a8e7bc.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@jonniI took a look at your file and it looks like the straight pieces of FD34 1.75m have set their roll angle to 180° when inserted. The magnets, which are the green and white rectangle objects have a black triangle that points to the connection side of the truss and if the straight pieces get rotated this will cause the corner block to get rotated to match up the triangles. Also, any truss that does not have any 2D geometry in Top/Plan view has been rotated in some way and the 2D removed. I instantly noticed this when looking at your file in Top/Plan. 

I would make sure to redraw the truss rig in Top/Plan making sure not to rotate any corners as it looks like you have the correct corners for what you want to draw. Also, note the red preview line/shape that is created before you click to insert trusses together. That preview will show you how those corners that build in the +/- Z Axis will be rotated at insertion. By staying in a top view it is easier to make sure that they don't roll which is what is causing the issues. Once the top rectangle with cross section is complete then you can switch to a 3D isometric and insert the vertical legs. Let me know if you have any issues.

• Love 1