Trouble with Arch. Training CD step...

Hi all-

I'm just now going throught the Architect training CD..

In "Setting Up the File" (Project 01 A.mcd) I'm supposed to be extending the upper right of the Grid Bubble by using the 2D Reshape too and selecting "+", then selecting an endpoint of the existing grid bubble and dragging...

However, I cannot select the point on the existing grid bubble.

If anyone knows something I may be missing, or if there is trouble in this step of the tutorial (or whatever...) please let me know!

Thanks in advance-

Andrew

When I went through those CDs after the release of VW12 (I always get the CDs with each upgrade because it is too hard to second guess what happened), I found some problems with the Architect CDs that might not have been corrected yet.

On my CDs, the Survey.DWG file was missing and the Finished 04.mcd file was 0-bytes. There are also some confusing areas in the CDs that take some experience to second guess what is intended.

In any event, Katie jumped in when I reported these issues and she worked with the CD developers to obtain the missing file and it is available from her or by sending me an message. You can make your own Finished 04.mcd from the Finished 05.mcd file so the loss isn't critical.

As for your problem, be sure the Class Options show the setting to "Show/Snap/Modify Others" is selected and make the Annotations Class active and the Grid Layer Active.

If you are having trouble at this point, be sure to scroll in on the area so you can be real accurate in selecting the last line. You should see the cursor change to the slanted arrow with a pair of pentagons on each side and have no trouble making the this step work. I'm sorry to say that this is one of those confusing areas where previous VW experience helps.