Worksheet Manager

yasin2ray

Question

Issues here include: wasted time to format worksheets individually when we change the desired format, too many steps to go into worksheets/cells/column/rows to edit all the info in each worksheet individually, and too many opportunities for errors when done manually.

A Master Worksheet Manager, would include: 

• The ability to see which sheet each worksheet is on 
  • Master setting to turn Grid Lines on/off for all worksheets 
  • Master setting for cell border lineweights 
  • Master settings for all font sizes, fonts, other font settings (bold, etc) (a master setting for all Titles, a master setting for all column headers, a master setting for all body text). 
  • Worksheet formatting: perhaps a good way to accomplish this would be to add this option in the Eyedropper Tool, have a setting for picking up formatting. 
  • The ability to see the width of columns and total width of all columns (total width of the worksheet) (to be able to align different worksheets on the same sheet)
Edited by yasin2ray
  • Like 2

1 answer to this question

Also a worksheet style so we could have elements that are cross-worksheet editable, and elements that are editable in individual worksheets. The example scenario is that I have 150 rooms. I have a worksheet to count the contents of each room. The only thing that is different in each worksheet is that the criteria searches for a different class. If I need to add a column to these worksheets, right now I have to do it 150 times.

I would also love to be able to have a "replace" button so that I could swap one worksheet in for another from the object info palette just like symbols, I would having to manually place them or manually set the scale factor.

In general, worksheets have fallen behind other updates.

• Like 1