plant reference data...

Earthworker

i have exported my vwl utility folder list to vectorworks and some of the plants on my list did not show up as individual plants in the database, but as comments 1 in a plant definition.

for example: i have 3 different Aesculus species.

only one showed up.

when i scroll down to the one that is there on the list (Aesculus arnoldiana 'Autumn Splendor'), the latin name of a different (Aesculus x carnea 'Ft. McNair') is in the comments 2 box, and common name (Horse-chesnut) in the comments 3 box. ansd the third is nowhere to be found???

what is the problem?

in the VWL plant utility database i did not check either comment boxes to transfer when i exported. just latin name, common name , height, spread, light, and hardiness.

how can i get all of my VWL utility list into the plant reference database without this problem?

I still can't figure out why this data does not export correctly. So , I have resorted to cut/pasting all of the plants that showed up in the comments boxes into their own spaces in the plant reference data. Good thing it is the off-season!!

My only guess is that it is the files in Filemaker Pro that don't want to crossover because I have entered them in a different format??

Has anyone ever ran into this problem before.

I am not extremely computer savvy, and I am trying to learn this program on my own with the study material.

Earthworker,

I had the same problem when importing an Excel plant database from some old cad software I used.

The trick was to make certain there was a hyphen in every field at least. So check your plant database in VWL and make sure there is a hyphen in each field - maybe this will help you