2 Keynote Legends on a sheet

On simple residential remodels I usually set up a sheet for all the framing info i.e. floor framing and roof framing. I use callouts with a Keynote Legend for each detail.

Now with the use of viewports it's easier to crop into the part of the house being modified and place them onto a framing sheet, but it appears that I can have only one Keynote Legend per layer and the sheets only have one layer active. I'm looking for a way that I can have more than one Legend on a sheet so my callouts for flr frmg don't have to be shared with the rf frmg callouts.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Ed Rose

Residential Designer

The Sea Ranch

You're right -- you can only have one Keynote Legend on each layer, and only one sheet layer active at a time, so if you're placing keynotes on a sheet layer, you can only have one legend.

Try this:

1. Place callouts at the appropriate places on the sheet layer, but instead of typing the text that should appear in the legend, just type a number.

2. Type the text for each keynote into a General Notes object.

3. Coordinate the numbering in the General Notes object with the numbers you use in the Callouts.

So essentially, you're manually creating your own legend (as a General Notes object), and handling the numbering yourself. It's not quite as automatic as the Keynote Legend, but it allows you to do anything that you want.