Runtime error at first startup...

Vitanaut

To clarify.

The first time I start VW after turning on the machine it crashes. The second time it works fine except for a significant lag in the menus.

I use a shortcut in the task bar in all cases and have for years.

Thanks in advance.

[ 02-25-2003, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Vitanaut ]

Does VW crash immediately when clicking on the shortcut, or does the application window start to draw, then crash- or does it crash when you go to open a file?

The second time you launch VW, when it works, are you launching it the same way you are when it doesn't work?

Can you restart the machine and then start VW from the VectorWorks.exe in the VW 10 folder and have it work?

Does VW crash immediately when clicking on the shortcut, or does the application window start to draw, then crash- or does it crash when you go to open a file?

Immediately.

The second time you launch VW, when it works, are you launching it the same way you are when it doesn't work?

The same way.

Can you restart the machine and then start VW from the VectorWorks.exe in the VW 10 folder and have it work?

No.

The situation is resolved -- I did a System Restore (Yeah, Win XP Pro!!) to a month ago and everything is back to normal.

Thanks for the help.

"Every time I start VW I get a c++ runtime error and the program closes automatically. When I restart the program it behaves normally but there is a long delay every time I access a menu."

There is more to this statement than is there.

I assume you aren't crashing every time you start VW since you say you can start it and it's delayed.

Are you crashing with a c++ run time error when you open a file (more than one)?

How many times do you launch VW before it will work?

How are you launching vw -- thru the start menu, shortcut on the desktop, VW folder or double clicking on a file?