ID Labels

Also make sure your drawing is close to the (0,0) center coordinate.

Often times when a drawing is imported from AC, the drawing is out in nowhere-ville.

If this is the case, the ID tool will id closer to the center, 0,0 -- placing the ID way off the viewable screen.

To see if this is the case, click on the Fit to Objects button in the lower left hand corner of the screen. If fit to objects puts your drawing in a corner somewhere and reduces the size, your ID object is on the opposite side of the page.

Katie:

If I may jump in:)

Well, you hit the nail on the head with the problem. Unfortunately the solution you propose, at least my implementation of it, isn't working.

To clarify... I place door label, input info, and then off to nowhereville it goes. Haven't tried the other labels yet, but somehow I get the idea this is going to be universal.

Important points:

1. These plans were created in VW 8.5.2 with VW 8.5.2 symbols

2.The symbol convert function has VERY BAD results. Basically would mean going through every single window in the project and re-inputing all the variables because the convert tool displays them very strangly....in some cases they just disappear. Anyway, please don't tell me that is my only solution.

---Fearing that it would, I tested the theory by drawing a new wall/door and trying to place an ID tag. Same results.

3. Having read your previous reply, I used the set origin command to reset the 0,0 at a logical location ~centered in the plan. Didn't help:(

In fact, the origin of the new symbol is ~(-4250'-0",+4200'-0") and the door is ~(5'-0",-10'-0")

Any other ideas???

Thanks

S

Email the file to me and I'll have a look at it to see if I can help pinpoint the problem here.

Please include the version of the OS and the version of VW you are using.

Tech@nemetschek.net

Subject: ATTN: Katie

Katie,

I had same problem, came to tech board to find answer - found this discussion. I did as the other guy and reset my origin to the center of the plan. Same result, it puts the ID tag way off in nowheresville!

Using VWA 10.0.1, Powerbook 500, Mac OS 10.2.3

Thanks for your help.

Rob Glisson

rojo Architecture