wall height problem

Initial message should have read:I am using Architect 9.0.1. Using the Model>Select Wall Type dialog box: when I deselect the "Use Delta Z" box and enter a different wall height than the Delta Z previously entered in the Layers Setup dialog box, the walls drawn with the wall tool end up with the Layers Setup Delta Z height instead. Is there another setting I need to enter?

Currently I have to select walls I've drawn and reset the wall height in the object info palette.

The wall tool and the wall type tool are different tools that have different behavior. The wall tool itself only looks at the layer delta z and then sets the generic wall it draws to be the height of the layer.

If you do not want this to happen you will either have to change the layer height to what you want the wall to be and then change it back, or use the wall type tool.

Matthew GiampapaTechnical Support

quote:

Originally posted by Robert Menapace:
I discovered this happens when I use the "wall tool" instead of the "wall type tool".