Copying Groups

MikeN

P4

256MB RAM

Win ME

VWA 9.0.1

When copying and then pasting into a new VW file a group of objects, including windows within walls, one must regen all the windows and doors in order to have them appear correctly.

While the doors remain on the 'Door Main' class windows loose their class designation and revert to 'None'

What gives?

• 2 weeks later...

Same occurs in 8.52... some of the settings for windows and doors need to be reset... It is similar to some of the objects like drawing title when you change the layer scale... they do not scale... you can click in change the scale.. click in the drawing and then click in the scale box and set it back to the scale factor you want and it is reverts to the same proportions... simply a waste of time. Windows and doors set to WALL Thickness when pasted into a new file have zero thickness.. same work around.. same waste of time... same flaw...

defjef

This really shouldn?t be happening, nor can I reproduce this here. I have tried copying doors, windows, combination of doors and windows, and grouped objects.

Can you email the file that is causing this to happen to tech@nemetschek.net?

Matthew Giampapa

Technical Support

quote:

Originally posted by mnelson:

P4

256MB RAM

Win ME

VWA 9.0.1

When copying and then pasting into a new VW file a group of objects, including windows within walls, one must regen all the windows and doors in order to have them appear correctly.

While the doors remain on the 'Door Main' class windows loose their class designation and revert to 'None'

What gives?