Mac MiniCad to Vectoworks PC conversion?

I have a bunch of minicad 3.1 files on the Mac that I need to convert to Vectorworks 9 files on the PC. I have tried to convert the files using a utility that converts v.3 to v.5.1 then adding the .mcd extention. That doesn't work. Vectorworks 9 PC doesn't seem to recognise that version of the minicad file. I have also tried using the Applescript converters that are intended to convert v.4,5,6,7 to v.8 files. this applescript seems to do nothing unless you already have v.8 on your Mac, I don't.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish this task?

------------------

our office has used MiniCad since version 2 and find myself going back to old versions in order to "step up" into VW. there are some problems along the way to make you aware of. V3 stepped to V5- all lines loose weight attribute and symbols used in V3 will be usless. V5 stepped to V6 is fine and can then be opened in VW8. of course once the files are in VW8, can be opened in VW9. and you must add the ".mcd" extension for Winblows to recognize it.

you can download converter versions of MC and VW to do the stepping and i think you will have to do it on your Mac.