set of drawings

Alandb

To get elevations from the plan you will need to set up at least one model layer and use the model features of VW to display each elevation.

I usually set the layers for my elevation models to only the exterior wall, grade plane, and roof layers. This saves processing time in rendering. Use View menu/Create Layer Link to set the layers to be used in the model layer

I then render each elevation as follows:

set the view to Front for front elevations, Back for rear elevations etc. in sequence. Use View menu/Standard Views/Front (or back, left right) for setting the view

After setting a view - say Front - I then render the elevation. If I want colors I use Renderworks. If a black and white I use View menu/Rendering/final hidden line. Other rendering settings produce various results. experiment with the settings to get the rendered view you'd like.

After the rendering is complete for that view I usally select the rendered view and use convert to lines or convert to polygons.

Convert to lines is best for say a construction document elevation because it is less data (smaller file) and has easily annotated and dimensioned features.

Convert to polygons will preserve colors and textures for a "rendered" elevation effect.

• 3 weeks later...

A simple answer to your question is that you use a layer for the title block and place your drawings in the page frame . If you have your drawings on a big sheet ala ACAD, just create a layer for a drawing and drop in place. Use the "view" control to name your sheets and turn on the appropriate layers and classes you want to be visible.