Fading plant outlines and FILLS

JP Goyet

I am unable to adjust any fill color as shown in the marketing brochures or web pages for Vectorworks 11. I am able to grey the plant outlines so as to see borders below. However, when such lines are greyed, the fill totally disappears. Is there a way to grey or adjust the transparency of both the lines and the fill?

Thanks Robert. You are correct, just by changing the Transfer mode in "layers" to "overlay", I am able to achieve the transparent look I need. I have discussed this issue with tech support for several years without any resolution. You made it seem so easy.

Many, Many thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

It is not always easy to print the 'overlay' layers. I found that some printers won't print the overlays, but by using one of the vectorworks options in the print dialogue box, it works fine. It is either the 'Enable special processing for transparent colours' or 'rasterize print output', then make a pdf file for printing. This is working on a Mac, I don't know if pc's have the same options - Robert?