Exporting Dashed lines to ACAD

That always happens automatically for me.

Are you sure it's not happening? i.e., do you know Autocad well enough, or has somebody who does know it told you that the lines aren't dashed? In Autocad, getting dashed lines to display and/or print as dashed lines is a major project.

In addition to the object's linetype being dashed, it takes just the right combination of object linetype scale, system linetype scale (and paperspace linetype scale option if you're in paperspace), plus the obligatory regeneration after setting all of those. And the regen has to be done while in model space or inside the viewport.

Thanks. I should have known that. VW is somewhat vulnerable to the same issue, since dashes don't change proportionally with layer scale.

Which reminds me...even with zoom line thickness off, in VW v12, fat lines seem to remain fat. This is really annoying, since joining such lines must often be done visually, (say, so as not to associate with a close-by object).