Strange hatch problem

LOL. Thanks Katie. Sometimes the most obvious course of action is staring me in the face, yet I refuse to see it!

I created a new blank document, and then imported the hatches just as I did with the template file, and it worked fine. I guess my course of action now is to create a new 18 x 24 template file and try again.

Thanks Katie!

I use hatches to represent detail in wood panels (v-grooved, bead board, etc.) and tile back splashes. It allows me to have accurate fill detail without the need to draw all the lines, etc.

I have two templates, one for 11 x 17 drawings, and another for 18 x 24 drawings. Aside from the size, ALL elements are identical (classes and class detail, layers, etc.).

Everything works fine in the 11 x 17 template file. I'm not so lucky on the 18 x 24 file, however. In order for the orientation of the hatch lines to be accurate (centered) in the various rectangles representing the panels, I use the hatch command in the Tools pull-down menu. When using the hatch command I get wierd results. The vertical lines representing the v-grooves and bead board detail all have short lines projecting out at an angle (if you imagine a basic arrow pointer pointing down, you pretty much have the image). I have another hatch which represents wood lattice. When I issue the hatch command with this hatch the results are completely distorted triangles and boxes everywhere.

If I apply the hatch with the attributes palette, or by double clicking the hatch in the resource browser, everything comes in fine (except, of course, that the hatch is not centered properly in the object).

The graphic problem is only associated with the hatch command, and only happens in the template for the 18 x 24 drawings.

I apologize for the lengthy (and probably cryptic) post, but I need help!

Thanks!