Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links Read more... ×
Hans Martin Kern

SDK equivalent to VectorScript SetDimText function?

Hi, I've been searching high and low both in ISDK and in the Object variables for an SDK equivalent to VectorScript's SetDimText() function (http://developer.vectorworks.net/index.php/VS:SetDimText). Any pointers? I think I'm not seeing the forest for the trees here. Thanks!

Basically, I would like to create a linear dimension object and modify the value displayed by the dimension object afterwards.

Of course, I could dive head-first into the dimHeaderNode and navigate to the text node, but I'm wondering if there's an official way to do it.

Edited by Hans Martin Kern

You can access most of the dimension parameters with object variables.  I would set ovDimShowValue to false, then set the leader text to your desired value.  This also ensures that the text doesn't reset if the dimension receives a manual edit or is associated.

• Like 1

Well, in my particular setting, the dimension would be contained in a plug-in object, so I'm not concerned about the user messing with the dimension - but your suggestion "fake it using the leader text" is certainly a good one - thanks a bunch (didn't see the forest for the trees).