Sign in to follow this  
TiTaNiuM sAMuRai

Does anyone know of a .ttf that resembles romans.shx?

We need a font that looks just like Roman Simplex. I'd like a TrueType, since we'd need it on both our Macs and on the prime consultant's PC's.

X.3.5, regretfully

VW9.5.3

Sam,

Recent editions of AutoCAD have TrueType versions of their old pen-plotter fonts. After a brief search, I couldn't find anything similar except a non-TT sans-serif font. I'd just use "Arial" if an exact match is not necessary. But if you must have an exact match, email me and I will send you the Windows TT version of RomanS.shx. Or you could have a consultant send you the font file.

JHE

That would be great! Please email it to me; I believe that Mac OS X handles any .ttf; the .ttf should be just a single standard, right?

email is:

d_clarke, then the '@' symbol, then aciarchitecture, then dot com.

The font worked okay, but doesn't respond to lineweights. In other words, the text strokes have a fixed width for any given text size. Applying bold helps only a little. I need something with adjustable weight, or I need a couple more fonts for different lineweights of the romans.shx.

Anyone else have an idea?