Really Old Verson

Can anyone help. I have an original copy of Vectorworks 2008 from the days when I worked as a garden designer, which I haven't done for 5 years.  Someone has asked me to do a design for them as a one off.  I have the original disk, the original box with the serial number, I have the dongle and I have a printed copy of the about screen which confirms the serial number.

When I install it on my PC it wont accept my serial number but loads perfectly OK in evaluation mode.  I am running windows 10 and I expect this is the issue 

When I install in on my very old mac which is running  a really old OS it is the same issue but on the mac the dongle doesn't illuminate.

I don't know why it tells me it is an invalid serial number, when it worked perfectly well in the past 

Any help appreciated

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Don't post it publicly, but message me with the last 6 of that serial number and I can take a look. I THINK that serial numbers in 2008 were keyed to either Mac or Windows and that may have been the issue if you used to run it on a Mac. If that ends up being the case, contact tech@vectorworks.net or your distributor and see what they can do to switch it if possible.