Notes Manager Error

When attempting to use the notes manager I receive the following error message:

"Error on line 84 of C:\Program\Files\Vectorworks11\Plug-ins\Common\Data\Notes|General Notes.txt"

The title "General Notes:" is inserted on the drawing and the Notes Manager - General Notes pallet opens but is not accessible. I am able to close the pallet and continue drafting but the general notes tool continues to return the error message.

Can anyone shed some light on the situation?

Katie,

General notes.txt is in the Plugins\common\data\notes folder and when opening it in the windows note pad it appears to be intact. Scanning through the text it contains the notes supplied with the VW11 as well as some I have added.

Rick

You can only format the title and the body as one entity. The title can be formatted by clicking on "Format Title Text" in the OIP.

The body of the General Note can be formatted by clicking on "Format General Note Text".

For the Drawing Label (i'm assuming this is what you are referring to) - select "Custom" as the Scale Config and type "SCALE" in the box below.

If you have a font that only types in caps, you could change that to caps, otherwise there isn't a way to do it without ungrouping the object.