Symbol Colors in Reference

Hi,

I have a drawing that is referencing another file which has 2D symbols with solid fill colors. The colors of the symbols are showing up wrong in the drawing with the reference.

Here's what I've found so far: The color palettes are the same in both drawings, as well as in the symbols, I am not using any classes, so that doesn't seem to be a likely problem. I have 'Use Layer Colors' turned off in document prefs. What else can I check?

Thanks!

Took me forever to use classes instead of layers. Lots more control. I'd be willing to bet that it is indeed classes that are causing your troubles. There are several instances where classes are automatically assigned to objects, like dimensions. Window and door components can be individually color/texture controlled through the use of classes. Actually, it's a bit cumbersome, but it works. If you use a plug-in symbol you have to convert it to a standard symbol to get each instance to reflect the classes and glass texture you want (so as not to have to edit each inserted object).

I thought it must be a class issue too, but the fact that I don't have a class in either file that is the color that the symbols are showing up as seems to rule that out. I'm convinced it has something to do with the fact that they are symbols being referenced from another file, and the color palettes are being screwed up somehow.

thanks for your help!