Conceptual Estimating

I am looking for anyone that uses Vectorworks for Conceptual Estimating. I am presently learning how to work with the program and how to build records with the costs attached to them. Is this program made to produce an estimate from a hand drawn vision to a 3D picture with unit costs attached to everything. Certain items such as Mechanical I would use a SF cost to calculate. I was hoping someone has some advise on setting up a database that I can use for my company.

I also would like to be able to edit my costs across the entire database when we have price increases. I was told it couldn't be done. I would have to change them on a individual basis. I would love to have a master spreadsheet I use with all of my cost included on it and attach the records to that, this way when I need to adjust my costs I just have to go to the spreadsheet and change them all. Has anyone figured out a way to do that?

Mary Hansen

mhansen@henrybros.com