VW 11 Keyboard Shortcut Assignments

I see that the keyboard shortcuts in VW11 are different than in VW9. Is there a reason for this?

Is there a way to change this globally to how VW9 is set up, or do I need to change each command one at a time?

I do not understand the logic of forcing us to change what we have learned. Am I missing something here? it makes me worry how VW12 will be set up.

... and you can save the changes you make as "Kevin's Wkspc", and then copy that file to the "Workspaces" folder of the newer version of VectorWorks, and then after you start up VW again it'll be one of the choices in the File>Workspaces pull-down menu.

Thank you for the input. Jan's idea sounds like a way to make the changes all at once rather than one at a time.

Katie: What is the logic in the change in the first place. I have to believe that if the engineers changed all of these shortcuts that there is some logic to it.

If I transfer the shortcuts from VW9 to VW11, I would expect that I will encounter conflicts with other shortcuts.

No conflict. The workspace file determines ALL shortcuts. So there's nothing to conflict with.

The only thing that can go wrong in using your custom workspace with a newer version is that you won't have shortcuts for any new tools or commands. So it might be a good idea to name them "Kevin v9" and "Kevin v11", and add shortcuts for new stuff that you like to the v11 workspace.