File format??

If you upgrade to vw 11, and open older files... such as vw 8.52... are they converted to vw 11? Does a vw 8 version of the opened file remain which can be used again in VW8.. or once opened in vw 11, you cannot move back again?

Please elaborate...

With version 10, the original version 8 file is left untouched on the disk, but a new version 10 file is created in RAM. When you save to disk, you save as version 10, but all you have to do is use a different file name, so you don't overwrite the old version 8 file. VW helps avoid that: the default file name for saving is the old one with "v10" added to the end of it.

There's also an option to export to a version 8 disk file, in which case the default file name has a "v8" added to the end.

And you can keep both versions installed at the same time, and choose which one automatically opens VW files.

Once in a while something gets screwed up in translating between versions, but it's usually minor.

Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I've been using VW9 Landscape for a while (mostly self taught) and now I've moved up to VW 11.

I've read the Users guide & it says that you can export VW11 files in older formats (VW10,9,8 etc.) I see the export to VW 10 option, but the people that i'm working with have VW9 & can't open VW10 or 11 files.

How can convert a vw11 file to vw9?

Thanks, BC