extrude along path control

I am unable to control the rotation of a profile so that the face will follow along a simple segmented 3d polygon. The command works but the profile is rotated 90 degrees to the proper orientation and when I edit the group and rotate the profile the extruded object does not change as is there is only one possible way the shape can be constructed. I thought changing the view orientation would help but this doesn't seem possible. All I am trying to do is place a cap on a wall that does not have have a horizontal surface. The cap needs to have a peak in it hence the need for a profile. Is there a command that I am missing, this is so simple to do in Formz.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Instead of an extrude along path, you might trying lofting. Place your 3-D polygon at the ends of the wall and at the peak, in the proper orientation. Use the loft tool to make a loft surface between them, selecting the Ruled option and the Solid option. The only drawback of this approach is that it can't be edited as a loft, the loft tool just creates a collection of nurbs surfaces.