Out of Memory / Roof Face Framer

On occasion VW 11 (Industry Series) just decides it's out of memory and asks to save recovery file.

VW then shuts down.(since installing 4/30/04) 6 times.

Mac G4 dual Boot 1.25 9.2.2 & 10.3 Panther 1.5GB Ram 512 Ram allocated to VW11. Did not have this problem w/ VW10.5 w same ram allocation. Running under 9.2.2

Why can we not use Roof Framer on Roof Faces any longer.

Thanks David N.

David,

Can you please email the file causing the problem?

Can you also include a detailed step by step instruction on what you are doing when you get the error message, please?

Does the same thing happen under OS 10.3?

Katie@nemetschek.net

The roof framer in VW 11 is different from the Create Rafters from Room command in VW 10.

The full roof framming capabilities in VW 11 will only work on roofs, not roof faces.

The old command is still available. Simply, add it to your workspace.

Katie

Only happens in 9.2.2

Working on 26 different projects, when it randomly happens. It does not matter which file I am working on, however I only have 1 file open at a time.

It seems the only consistant operation I am performing when it occurs is after OK on Saving backup when screen pops up it occurs generally within a min or so.

Katie put old Frame roof from Plug Ins 10.5 in the file and rebooted

still would not Frame roof face

Thanks

David N.

[ 05-05-2004, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: andesign ]

Don't copy the plugin from VW 10.5 plugins to the plugins folder of VW 11. It's already in there. Simply use the workspace editor to add the Create Rafters from Roof command to the workspace.

Do you get the "Out of Memory" message or do you get a numbered error code?

How many other programs are you running while VW is running?

Are you running ITUnes or burning CDs or playing music CDs?

Katie

Get out of Memory message only, then a quick screen to save as a recovered file.

No other applications are running at all.

Decreased VW11 to 360 MB it still occured yesterday twice. Incresaed VW11 to 586MB this am and it occured once already.

Resolved roof framing, Thanks

By the way, is there any way to force VW to open in classic mode in OSX, I could then print to my HP Rip (HP 500PS) right now, I use 9.2.2 as start up so I can print. Rip is supposed to be released in July according to HP and the Gimp print results were horrible in terms of output to the HP500ps under OSX 10.3

What do you have for the min and preferred settings?

THat may be causing the problem ..

What size are the documents you are working with?

Sure - to start a program in classic under OS 10, close the program first. Then go to the applications folder and Get Info on the executable. (Big blue V with red arrow in VectorWorks) In the Get Info dialog box, you'll see a check mark option that says Open in Classic. After checkmarking that, when you launch the program, it will open in Classic.

To switch it back to run in native OS 10, Get Info again and remove the check mark.

How large are the files you are working on?

Set the min to the same as the suggested, and the preferred to about 150,000. After doing so, restart the computer.

Katie

I render the model on occasion & then mostly Shaded Polygon.

Still out of memory with the changes you suggested.

Will set to 200000 prefered and try.

No related process is occuring when it happens ?

It did not Out of Memory in Classic mode or in

OSX, only under 9.2.2.

VW11 in classic mode is sluggish, so I will remain in 9.2.2 until HP releases the rip.

Will move over to OSX 10.3 at that time.

You may want to look at the extension set.

Try to make a copy of the extension set and reboot with that, or boot with base extensions .. to see if there is a conflicting extension issue happening.