Problems Exporting to PDF

AAP

I have various files on vectorworks and have never had a problem exporting to PDF. However with one of my files every-time I come to PDF the programme either crashes or when it converts into a PDF when I come to open the PDF open the PDF doesn't load and nothing shows up or it takes about half an hour to appear? Could someone please help on to what to do?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 hour ago, AAP said:

I have various files on vectorworks and have never had a problem exporting to PDF. However with one of my files every-time I come to PDF the programme either crashes or when it converts into a PDF when I come to open the PDF open the PDF doesn't load and nothing shows up or it takes about half an hour to appear? Could someone please help on to what to do?

Most likely you'll want to get that VWX and PDF to tech@vectorworks.net (they'll send you an upload link if the files are too large for an email) and they can take a look.

The common causes for this can include the DPI setting being too high (generally above 800 is overkill), geometry being overly complicated which can happen if you've imported a number of DWGs or other heavy files, or sometimes even a font issue which can often be tested by enabling Rasterize Text before exporting if you're using Vectorworks 2016 or later.