damaged file

I have several VW files that were created on a Mac and saved. They were then opened with a PC and the print area was changed. Now when I attempt to open them, I get the following message:

The file is damaged. It will open with as much data as possible. RUNTIME ERROR!

Files were saved on Mac OS 10, open with Windows 2000. Both platforms using Architect 10.5

If there is any way to recover these files, it would be greatly appreciated.

The files can be sent to Tech SUpport which can be sent to an engineer to disect.

They can't guarantee anything can be fixed.

There was a problem in earlier version of VW 10 where print data stored in the file would corrupt the file under OS 10 dpending on the printer that was selected.

So if the files were saved in an earlier version of VW 10 under OS 10, that could be the problem.

When they open with "as much data as possible", how much data is lost? I've had this message with no detectable damage. Just to be safe, I started a new file, and cut and pasted everything into it, but luckily the damage was imperceptable, and never reared it's head again in months of working in the new file.