Back up vw files on CD - no more readable Mac OSX 10.3

Hia all...

I got a serius problem.

I have VW 10.5.1, mac OS X 10.3 and Toast titanium 5.2.1.

If I record a backup CD formatted in ISO 9660... is impossible to reopen the backups document with OS X 10.3. (But I can open it with Mac OSX 10.2.8)

The document is transformed in a unreadable format for VectorWorks. But he can open by Cinema 4D (by the end... is an unreadable format...)

The problem for me is quet serius becasue I can't re-open olds documents that I have saved on my backups CDs.

Any other have this problem... exist a solution... did I do a mistake ?

Thanks for help... sorry but I'm quiet nervous about this trouble...

greeting

julien d

[ 02-21-2004, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Julien ]

Sorry I use Mac OS X 10.3.2

I up-dated (now) Roxio Toast 5.2.3

Same problems using ISO 9600 format all VectorWorks and ONLY Vectorworks files are impossible to read !!! I can open Cinema 4D files or Illustaror files (taken from the same CD) but not VectorWorks document.

Heeeeelp....

greetings

Julien d

--------------------

JD

This don't works in Mac OS X 10.3.2

ALL VW FILES COPIED IN THE HD are dimpossible to read, they are transformed in a unreadable document for VectorWorks, so when I choose 'Application' to open and I try to select VW app, just VW is gray and is not possible to open ALL VW docuemts that are 'burned' in a ISO 9660 CD

I tried to add or change the extension (.mcd / .vw) nothing change. If I will open the document from VectorWork (File>Open> 'the file') ... all VW files are gray and impossible to select...

Strange that Cinema C4D (Nemetschek product too !!!) can open or from the menu File>Open the file is possible to select... just by the end is impossible to open it.

Please help... All back up files on CD are not more redable and I can understand why... Just this look like the 'header' of the document is transformed during the burn option...

This dosen't happen with MAC OS X 10.2.8 (and all new computrer that we have buy in the office now run with 10.3.2)... Just in a ISO 9660 formatted CD I ca see the VW Icon over the docuent... in 'Panther' not...

Thanks for any more help ! I'm queit desperate... [Frown]

Julien - Switzerland

(Sorry for some mistakes...)

Mark,

...I blush (more than can you think) and I'm ashamed myslef (hope I write it right)...

Yep I was in a total panic situation for nothing... and is just... 'all application' and what Richard Giannini-Rugg tell on the linked message from raylibby...

Just I need to read the new features in the OSX 10.3 ... hem hem

I'm absolute sorry.

Sincerly many thanks to all and thanks Mark for your simple an basic explanation for a simple problem.

Ok I go to hide my self (well typical Italian expression...).

Julien - Switzerland