Strange VW Behaviour

Hi,

All was going well with VW, when suddenly, my palettes disconnect themselves from the main VW workspace (after opening it again after a crash), and it is impossible to get them to dock back into it.

Also, whenever I use tools such as 'rotate', 'move' etc... the dialog box seems to have a font problem so that istead of asking for a 'x-value' it merely says '-' and the same for all other dialog boxes. Sometimes I cannot even see the values I enter.

Does anyone know where this pb might arise from?

And how can i get my palettes to dock back?

anaisr.

I would set the screen resolution to wahtever you are comfortable with.

Have you looked at other programs to see if the same thing happens in those?

Have you changed any system settings, installed or removed programs, or installed or removed fonts since this problem happened?

Hi katie,

No i didn't change any settings, and havn't installed anything on my computer. I was just working with VW when it crashed. I restarted it, and many settings had changed.

I had to reset my workspace, for eg, as well as some VW preferences (like the docking of palettes).

When I tried view my graphic settings, the font in that dialog box seemed weird to, too large.

I have no idea what happened, and it's very annoying as I use the dialog boxes in VW all the time!

Hope you can help me out on this one (as always!).

cheers, anaisr.

Right click on the desktop and select properties.

CLick on the Apperance Tab

CLick on the Advanced Tab

In the Item drop down box, select Palette Title.

Make sure the size is set to 18 or lower and the font size is set to around 8 or 10.

Run time error - try to update the video driver, that's usually the culprit.

If you update the video driver and are still getting the problems, please include information on the types of operations you are performing in VW.