Cut plane in viewports

Attached are some screen grabs.

I have ifc information from a consultant. I would like to see the walls in plan at a 1200mm cut plane. Doing this in a viewport with layer cut planes set to 1200mm in wireline or hiddenline gets me a see through wall (the element has a fill). Background rendering as unshaded poly presents a solid wall but the openings in the wall although visible are solid too.

If I create a "plan" section viewport I can get it to show the holes in walls if the level is set right. But this is not really simple to set up. I have a 20 storey building with multiple plans per level, setting up a section viewport for each plan is not viable.

How can I present the ifc oblects at a cut plane. I also tried it as a 3d polygon and mesh and had the same result so it isn't so much an ifc issue.

Also the ifc objects are not responding to class fills, I can assign them to class, but changing the class fill does not change the ifc object. I can only change the fills by manually assigning a fill.

239_C_SE.vwx

IFC 3D OPENGL.pdf

ifc hidden line.pdf

IFC SECTION VIEWPORT.pdf

IFC UNSHADED POLY.pdf

OK to answer my own question if anyone searches for this thread.

Converting the Structural Engineers ifc information to Auto hybrids seems the only way to give me control of the cut plane to the ifc elements. Not ideal on a big fast moving project as I will have to convert their info floor by floor every time it is issued. But it does work.