snap to symbols

I remember there was this little bug in VW 10.x where you was not able to klick or snap on this poins of a Symbol that includes grouped 3D Objects. But only then, when these Symbols was inserted the first time (it means not saved before) from a not-opened-favorite. In 10.5 this is fixed.

Puhh! hoping it is possible to understand that english [smile]

Maybe there could be some other reasons like:

Layer and Class Options should be adjusted to Show/Snap/(Modify others)It is also not possible to snap on Object on other Layers with different Layer scale or Layers with other Views(3D)

Giorgio,

Are you drafting in 2D or 3D when the problem occurs? Are you in Top/Plan view?

I draft mostly in 2D. Often, when I lose snapping to symbols or groups, resetting the view to Top/Plan fixes the problem. I am not sure why the view changes, but it does. The fix is quick, so I ignore the problem and go on. I am not sure it will help you, but it is easy to check.

Best wishes,

Raymond

First of all Sorry for my english ......

I've checked everything, I'm in a top/plan view, with 2D symbols, only one layer on a new file, the super super basic situation

This is what happens, I draw a rectangle and made him became a symbol, at this point it only snap to the center of each side or "align" to them but it's not possible to snap to point.

I work with "trusses" symbols and I need to put together all the pieces, with this problem I'm getting crazy

I've been clear enough? ........ I hope

(maybe I will pass to version 10.5, but here in Italy it will cost me 50 more Euro, sic)

Giorgio, I noticed your post a few days ago, because I had just found the same problem as you -- I was unable to snap to, nor get cursor cues for, points inside symbols. This was in version 10.0.0 under Windows 2000. In the past I was always able to do that.

I didn't have time to figure out what was wrong, so I just switched to version 8, working on a version 8 export from the original file.

Then, today, I returned to the original file, unaltered since that time, and opened it in version 10.0.0, and the problem was no longer there!

And then I remembered that someone else reported the same problem last June, at http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=002871

It was an enigma. Noone could really help.

The only solution anyone could suggest was selecting "Top/Plan" view. But I didn't do that to correct the problem I had a few days ago. The problem simply went away by itself.

I tried what you suggested, Giorgio, but for me it didn't make any difference whether the rectangle was converted to a polygon.

However, in the process of trying it I discovered something else that may have some bearing on this. When I first tried to grab a constraint point, I couldn't, and so I thought the problem had come back. But then I waited, with my cursor hovered over the constraint point, and eventually the cursor cue appeared! Maybe that was what happened before, only I didn't wait long enough. It took a couple of seconds.

My machine is running extremely slowly right now. I have several graphics programs open, plus the web browser, and I think something got out of order. I'm going to re-boot Windows and try again.