Help in planning an upgrade please

You should contact your UK distributor in regards to the dongle use. I believe the dongle is included in the VW price, not an additional fee. Again, that is something to be discussed iwth Computers Unlimited.

VW 10.5 is compatible with OS 10.2.8. Most of ht eproblems you see on here are resolved easily. I can't think of an OS X specific problem wtih VW 10.x.

Honestly, VW 10 is more compatible with Jaguar than VW 9. VW 9 was designed circa 10.1.x. There are some limitations with VW 9 and OS 10.2, mainly printing issues.

Is there a specific issue on the MB that you are concerned with in regards to VW 10 and OS 10?

quote:

Originally posted by Katie:

You should contact your UK distributor in regards to the dongle use. I believe the dongle is included in the VW price, not an additional fee. Again, that is something to be discussed iwth Computers Unlimited.

VW 10.5 is compatible with OS 10.2.8. Most of ht eproblems you see on here are resolved easily. I can't think of an OS X specific problem wtih VW 10.x.

Honestly, VW 10 is more compatible with Jaguar than VW 9. VW 9 was designed circa 10.1.x. There are some limitations with VW 9 and OS 10.2, mainly printing issues.

Is there a specific issue on the MB that you are concerned with in regards to VW 10 and OS 10?

Thanks for this information.

The point about the dongle is that I can no longer pool licences. Have I got that right?

C

Currently, no since the dongle is programmed for only one license. This is one of the major advantages and purposes of dongles for protection purposes. It can also be looked at as a disadvantage, however if you are not moving the installation of VW around constantly, having only one serial number per computer should not cause a problem. You enter the number one time and you are done. The updates find the serial number and use it so you don't have to keep a list of what's what.

We are planning an upgrade from 8.5.

WHICH VERSION?

We will be running OS X.2.8. Reading the board here there seem to be many problems with X.2 and VW 10.5. Is that the case? Is it possible to upgrade to 9.5?

LICENCING

Currently our 8.5 licences are pooled. It seems that 10.5 licences are dongled and so we will have to get one per machine. Is this the case? It will double our costs.

Grateful for any assistance

Colman Stephenson

Julian Harrap Architects

London, UK