Projector aspect in Video Screen Tool

rugrat

Hi all

I am trying to work out accurate distances for my projector placement, but Vw won't let me change the aspect of the projector no matter which screen I have.

My scenario is a 16:9 ratio 5x9 front projection screen with a NEC projector and long throw lens of ratio 1.5-2.9. 

The distance is not working out correctly so I think I need to change the projector aspect, but it's grayed out.

See pics attached of my current settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 4.18.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 4.18.33 PM.png

Rugrat -

For the version of Video Screen you're using, Projector Aspect is only enabled if your screen is round, square, or if the screen orientation and projector orientation don't match (one is landscape and the other is portrait).  To get the Independent Aspect feature you'll need either to upgrade to Vectorworks 2017 or buy a license for the Landru Design version of the tool (either VideoScreen 4 or Producer's Pack 3).

I hope that helps.

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, C. Andrew Dunning said:

Rugrat -

For the version of Video Screen you're using, Projector Aspect is only enabled if your screen is round, square, or if the screen orientation and projector orientation don't match (one is landscape and the other is portrait).  To get the Independent Aspect feature you'll need either to upgrade to Vectorworks 2017 or buy a license for the Landru Design version of the tool (either VideoScreen 4 or Producer's Pack 3).

I hope that helps.

Ah ha. That's a perfect answer, thank you so much.