Mass planting acting weird

kufuffin

This has happened on 2 files to me recently. I drafted a project earlier this week with plant symbols and pdf’d it. It looked great.

Today I opened the file for the first time since exporting the pdf and all of the 2D plant symbols that I had drafted are not visible. They don’t appear to be in the design layer. For example when I use the select all command or try to select one individually it's as if they're not there. When I view the sheet layer I see the loci where each plant is though (the loci don't print). I checked that all the plant component classes were turned on.

I placed a new plant and used the magic wand to select by object and it found all the missing plants. The mass planting option had been turned on for all of them, and turning that off made the plants selectable/visible again.

So I have 2 problems:

-Somehow mass planting is getting turned on without my knowledge.

-When this happens, the mass planting doesn't show up as a filled mass planting as usual, it shows nothing.

After solving this issue and turning the mass planting on again to check if it works, it's working fine and shows the filled mass planting.

When I exported a pdf the plants didn't show up on the pdf though. The plant list check box was selected as well, upon turning that off they now show up on the pdf too.

Edited by kufuffin