No horizon line in Perspective Projection

Dubman

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You can control the colors shown under Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Interactive > Interactive Appearance Settings. I usually make these all white, but you can alter the colors of the General - Background - Perspective Horizon items to your liking.

You would also need to be in a perspective projection to see these colors, Orthogonal just shows the "General - Background - 3D Views" color.

That'll do it, any files you had from previous versions MAY have that option enabled by default (the conversion utility leaves that setting alone) but any new documents you make will have that off.

If you use templates from previous versions, make sure to update them and disable that setting so you aren't having to do it manually over and over.

• 3 weeks later...

Jim, I'm trying to set my office computer to the same settings as my home computer that you helped me with on the horizon with the blue sky & green ground, but I keep changing the interactive settings for the perspective views. Somehow I have changed them to other colors and can not change them back. I have even tried the reset button. See attached for a screen capture image of my VW screen showing I am in perspective view mode and that I changed the General background perspective horizontal ground color, then after pressing the OK button, nothing happens.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Jerry

There are two sets of settings and one set is for Black Background. Check and see if you have Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Display >Black Background enabled and if so, either disable it or make sure to alter the color settings in that tab of the Interactive Appearance Settings.

[img:center]https://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=14009&filename=Screen%20Shot%202016-01-12%20at%2010.46.25%20AM.png[/img]

Worst case, you can use Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences and click the "Reset" button to reset everything to factory default, but be aware that this is ALL of your settings in the Vectorworks Preferences window.

Sorry I forgot to attached the screen images. Yes I had the black background UN-selected. See attached, from what I can see I have everything set correctly, even the colors in the appearance settings, but it is not changing the screen background when in a openGL perspective view

That actually looks like you have a gradient background applied, if you create a new blank document NOT from a template, does it appear the same?

If you manually alter the background via View > Set Renderworks Background and pick something like HDRI White and then go to Top/Plan then back to perspective OpenGL, do the colors remain?