VW 9.5.3 on Mac: JPG cuts my drawing!

Is there a way to set the "Print Area" for an export command - say, to JPEG for example? I am desperately trying to figure out what governs the dimensions that appear in the window for "Export as Image" because they don't make any sense to me. I have 11 different files, all using the exact same titleblock at the exact same scale, with practically the same contents - yet each one of the 11 files gives me COMPLETELY DIFFERENT image size dimensions....

What gives?

I'm at my wits' end... please help!

nick.

Whatever objects are set to be visible will determine the size of the exported image.

Changing the width and height will change the pixel dimensions, which will affect the DPI only. It will not change the size of the exported image.

If you are exporting an image and it's cropping the image, check to make sure your version of VW actually is 9.5.3. There is an issue with QuickTime 6 where the exported image will crop the drawing in a funky, unpredictable way. VW 9.5.3 fixes this incompatibility.

VW 10 has a new feature which allows you to marquee select the portion of the drawing you want to export. That's kinda cool.

[ 03-25-2003, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Katie ]

It's definetely version 9.5.3, and the file has two layers visible: the titleblock (always the same size and scale and content and position) and the content of the drawing itself (similar content but slightly different and aligned differently on the page). The issue still stands: depending on which layer I have active at the time of the export, I will get different exported images and sizes, and that includes exporting while on the Titleblock layer.

Please help, I'm really annoyed with this problem!

nick.

Well, depending on what layers are set to be visible and the layer scales of those visible layers, the size of the exported file will be determined.

If you have objects out in space for a specific layer and that layer is visible, then those objects are going to affect the size or dimension of the image that is exported.

First, clean up the drawing if you have objects out in space that are not part of the drawing.

Set ONLY the layers you want exported visible.

You may want to change the scale of the layers so everything is the same size. In the event of having a title block, you can scale the title block down or up with the Scale Objects command to get it to fit.

Then export as an image file.

If everything is the same scale and lined up appropriately, and the drawing is clean, the exported image should work just fine.