Color Pallet manager

I'm just noticing in VW2014, that the color pallet manager button, which I see when I click in the attributes pallet, on one of the fill squares, does nothing. I click it and it just closes the color pallet window. Also, this does not allow me to bring the standard VW pallets into a document. Any documents created from documents with the standard pallets have the standard pallets, but the color pallet manager button does not work there either.

VW is up to date.

Thanks,

Donald

osx 10.10.3

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I was unable to replicate this issue in 2014 or 2015 on OS X 10.10.3 here.

Are you using a customized workspace or one imported from another version? Does this problem occur for you in any workspace?

If so, if you create a new admin account on that machine:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/805/Creating+a+New+User+Account+%28Mac+OSX%29

Then try accessing the color palette manager, does it still not appear?

Hi Jim,

I use a custom work space, but I have the same problem with VW standard workspaces.

Don't quite get the admin account part. I'm not on a network and I log in with admin privileges.

Here's what I see. If I hit the pallet manager button, it closes the fill options window. Also, I have the same problem if I launch VW15, which I don't use much*.

* In 2014 the eyedropper tool highlights the object it is picking up from. In 2015 I'm not getting that feedback. I use that tool a fair amount.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The steps are to create a NEW account, to test the issue in. Not the one you are currently using. If you are seeing the same issue with 2014 and 2015 both, it may be a user account problem.

If you still have trouble with the steps, make sure to get in touch with support directly and they can get you squared away.