App-Switching to Vectorworks using the middle mouse button on a mac

Ever since upgrading to VW2015 on my Mac running 10.10.1, I am experiencing a very annoying bug.

Whenever I have a Vectorworks window open in the background with another app in focus, then I activate Vectorworks by clicking in the drawing window using my middle mouse button, Vectorworks essentially gets "stuck" in pan mode. Vectorworks doesn't technically take focus on my mac, but I can pan the drawing. In fact, the cursor remains a selection arrow, but moving the mouse around pans the drawing. If I left click in the window to actually activate Vectorworks, my cursor changes back to the pan hand, but all the toolbar menus and commands are grayed out and unavailable including save and close window. The "Vectorworks" window is the only one that remain accessible and the only way I have found to actually continue working is to quit Vectorworks, tell it to save when it prompts me, and restart the app. Ugh!