3D Converstion Resolution

I have a model of three linked layers: 1st Floor, 2nd Floor, Roof. I set the model in side view and used the Convert Copy to Lines command. The resulting image has curvature lines only on the 2nd floor.

Both 1st and 2nd floors have a single round column. On the 2nd floor the column renders with vertical lines that indicate the curvature. However the column on he first floor has no such lines.

As far as I can tell, all layers have been set up the same.

Any ideas?

When you go to Convert Copy to Lines or Polygons, do any of the objects on the First floor get copy/converted?

Is Floor 1 or Floor 2 your current active layer?

Do the two layers have different layer scales?

What OS are you using?

[ 01-15-2003, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Katie ]

Hi Katie;

The OS is Mac 10.2.3 using VW9.5.3. I have a model layer that I am working on. The layer is empty except for three layer links. The three links are 1st, 2nd, Roof.

All three linked layers are of the same scale.

The model image does copy convert. The complaint is that only the curved surfaces on the 2nd floor of the model are given lines that indicate a curved surface. I realize that this behaviour can be adjusted by setting different 3d Conversion Resolutions.

But in this case the effect is only affecting one of the three linked layers. There is a curved wall that runs full height of the building. It is therefore composed of three sections each stacked on top of the other in it's respective layer: 1st, 2nd, Roof. The 1st and Roof sections are rendered plain. The center section at 2nd renders with the vertical lines to indicate it's curvature.

Thanks

I have a vague recollection that the number of facets in a curved object is determined by the conversion resolution setting at the time of the object's creation. Therefore, if that setting was changed between the creation of one wall and the other, it might explain why there are differences. But, I'm puzzled that there would be no lines at all on one of the walls.

Just a thought, it's probably not the answer.

Kevin,

This could be related to another bug, if not the same, where curves or sweeps were stacked on each other. You could see the vertical lines just not the horizontal lines in Hidden Line Rendering.

If you send the file to me at tech@nemetschek.net , I'll take a look at it and see if it's the same issue.