Magic Wand and Resource Browser

ChadL

Question

Would it be possible to use the Magic Wand (or a similar command like select all instances) in the resource browser?

When I do Autocad imports and they have 100s of symbols. I usually go through and convert those to groups or compose the objects to clean up the Resource Browser. Sometimes, after cleaning up the document, I am still left with a couple symbols, it would be nice if I could select all those symbols without having to find one on the document first.

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Well if they arent still being used in the document, you can use Purge to clean up the stragglers:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/1224/Purging+Your+Document

However, what similar attributes would you want to select? Each of them would be a different symbol name, so that wouldn't do any good in the resource browser. Would their default Class and Layer be what you would sort them by?

I do the purge command. These are usually objects that are still hidden somewhere in my document. I don't just want to delete them, because I don't yet know what they are. I would want a right click option or something where I can do to the symbol in my RB and tell VW to select all the instances of these symbols. That way I can see what they are actually doing and where they are.