2nd Color Field

Hi Stephen

When it comes to placing a second colour on your drawing, I use the USER FIELD 1 option. This can be found down the object info palette. I use this option for notating my frosts. If memory serves me, I picked this trick up from the forums.

When you are setting up your label legends, you can add the user field option and place it as you would normally do for the other labels etc.

I am unsure about getting it into vwx reports as I just use lightwright for my paperwork. If you are not doing the XML file exchange and just exporting your data, you will have to tick the user field 1 option for it to be included in your exported lightwright info.

You can also rename the column in lightwright to become frost and make this part of your default layout etc. This is under the set up menu (column names & definitions).

I have heard that it is possible to edit the user field names in 2014 to become permanently new names etc but I am still on 2012. No doubt other users will know the best way to do this.

eamon

I'm trying to add a second color field into my drawings and have it register as a color field in my paperwork and symbol key.

Stephen -

I use User Fields 1 & 2 to track colors separately and then a pair of scripts to merge them into or split them from the standard Spotlight color field. You can use that approach and different Label Legends to display the color together or separate.

See https://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=200307#Post200307 for the scripts.